Sunday, May 11, 2008

My Second Life!!!

I remember of sharing with u that I am currently enjoying my life being an RJ as well, u know as in Radio Jockey. There has been a lot of if's and but's that I have thought before joining this trade... naaa.. I am just kidding as soon as I got the job I was all warmed up and ready to get going. I always knew that my future for sure didn't have me sitting infront of a computer and writing programs or increasing there efficiency, though I still spend a lot of time infront of my computer doing far more interesting jobs (certainly I am :)).

More ever me getting into this creative field is something that stars have to be thanked for. I absolutely had no intention and it was quite a co incidence for me to sit for the interview in the first place. I want to elaborate on that, but decide to keep it for sometime else. There has been such a deep impact on my life ever since I started up as an RJ, that I still am not able to think me passing over it in the near future. But for the time being I am enjoying every bit of it.

There have been so many youngsters that have asked me about the fundamentals of being an RJ that now I decide to help some of you on this regard. To start up with there is basically so little of theory that is there for being an RJ, that it is often very very difficult to teach, and I just think about the institutes who offer professional courses in this field and think that they act as great seducers to tempt the newbies to take up their course. But "Straight from the Horse's Mouth", I would tell you one thing that its absolutely unnecessary to waste your time in falling for these things. If you ask me there are three things that is absolutely necessary for one trying to get into this field :

1. A passion for speaking may be just chit chat or speeches or debates, but has to be pretty well reasoned.

2. Common Sense and an Idea of what is going on in the world in and around.

3. And most importantly interaction with the masses, because 90% of stations across India and somewhat more in other Countries deal with Listener Interaction.

If you lack in any one of these fields, brother, start improving right away, or better start looking somewhere else. But if you are really average in all three of them, the goal is mostly achieved and now you can start honing your skills by having some practical knowledge.

I found some information about the radio base in India from this site and thought that it would help you, do have a look : http://www.asiawaves.net/ .

Hey how did I forget it was a Sunday right, so I hope you Guys had an awesome Sunday, now buckle up coz its all a new week from tommorow and the as they say "The Show Must Go On".

C ya soon...

No comments: